Bury transfer news, plus team and injury news, 92News brings you the very latest headline updates on the Shakers.
- My favourite game: Charlton beat Sunderland in classic play-off final | Nick AllburyClive Mendonca’s hat-trick and Michael Gray’s ashen face are among the memories from an incredible encounterFootball stirs the same emotions in all of us. Joy and despair, fragile optimism and resigned acceptance. Yet it’s how we manage these feelings that shapes our relationship with the game.As a youngster, football was my master. All I wanted… Read more »
- Arsenal legend Lauren on turning down Madrid for Highbury and how Cameroon could beat InvinciblesPETE JENSON: It was May 2000 when he made what he calls 'the most important decision of my life' sat in David Dein's front room, committing to Arsenal and rejecting Real Madrid in the process. Read more »
- Bury owner Steve Dale renews attempts to settle debts after initial CVA terminatedThe future of Bury Football Club remains uncertain after owner Steve Dale renews his attempt to settle the clubs debts. Read more »
- Bury's demise shows Football League must tighten FFP rules, review saysEFL’s review details club’s player wages were 140% of turnoverSituation shows ‘review of the financial ecosystem’ is neededThe EFL’s review into the expulsion of Bury last August has recommended that the league strengthen its financial fair play rules, blaming the club’s collapse on the current system that allows owners to fund players’ wages.The review, conducted… Read more »
- Shrewsbury Town & Doncaster Rovers fined following mass brawlShrewsbury Town are fined £4,000 and Doncaster Rovers £2,500 following a late melee in their game in February. Read more »
- Review into Bury's demise offers painful reminder of the need for FFPLeague One and Two owners are able to inflate wages beyond clubs’ means, and if their money dries up it can be terminalIn the days after Manchester City received their two-year Champions League ban for overstating their sponsorships, Uefa’s financial fair play concept became a target of some misdirected fury, accused of stifling clubs’ ambitions… Read more »
- Bury: EFL could not have prevented club's demise, review findsAn independent review concludes that any additional EFL action "would not have made any difference" to Bury FC's plight. Read more »