Mansfield Town news
Mansfield Town transfer news, plus team and injury news, 92News brings you the very latest headline updates on The Stags.
- Newport beat Mansfield on penalties to reach League Two play-off finalNewport keeper Joe Day saves spot-kick to book Wembley spotCharlton win 2-1 at Doncaster in League One semi-final first legNewport reached the League Two play-off final after beating Mansfield 5-3 on penalties. Joe Day was their hero, saving Tyler Walker’s penalty while Newport converted all of their spot-kicks.The sides played out a 0-0 draw after… Read more »
- Mansfield's Carolyn Radford: ‘I was made into this caricature – people were calling me a bimbo’Mansfield Town are one of only three clubs from the 92 with a woman in an executive role but sometimes she is still the recipient of crass remarks in away teams’ boardroomsInside Mansfield Town’s One Call Stadium and the mug shots on the wall of Carolyn Radford’s office highlight football’s woeful lack of gender diversity. There… Read more »
- Mansfield Town manager orders total ban on mobile phones• Players are not allowed phones when at the League Two club• Adam Murray had already issued edict on compulsory hand washingThe Mansfield Town manager, Adam Murray, has banned his players from using phones when they are on duty at the League Two club. Related: Sergio Agüero explains why Guardiola blocked Wi-Fi at Manchester City… Read more »
- Bristol Rovers beat Mansfield for fourth win in 12 days to keep up promotion rush | Jeremy AlexanderMatty Taylor winner helps The Gas increase their pressure in League Two and goes some way to lay a relegation ghostA Gas explosion is rocking not only the city of Bristol but League Two. Late last month Rovers changed hands, bought by a Jordanian banker, Wael al-Qadi. On Saturday the team beat Mansfield Town 1-0… Read more »
- Mansfield’s Adi Yussuf given five-match ban for urinating behind Plymouth stand• Incident occurred while player was warming up as a sub at Plymouth• ‘We are very disappointed by the length of the ban,’ says Stags managerThe Mansfield forward Adi Yussuf has been banned for five games and fined after being found guilty of urinating at the back of a stand during a recent game.The misconduct… Read more »
- Mansfield manager Adam Murray draws first league game with CheltenhamFormer midfielder at 33 is the youngest manager in the league at the oldest ground in the world staging professional footballNever mind 15 minutes of fame. Adam Murray, on the eve of his first home match as so-called permanent manager of Mansfield, said: “It will be a proud moment for five seconds but then my… Read more »